Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Steak Tenders for dinner

Good evening everyone !

As promised I have made a video of my dinner making process, the video is kind of lame, alright, a lot lame but alas.
It was my first time using iMovie and filming while cooking.


Here is the video first so you can get an idea of what we are doing.

 

The whole idea behind this was to obtain a crunchy texture to steak, chicken or pork using something other than bread related items.
In this case I have used pork rinds, seasoned with my favorite seasonings.

Ingredients :

  • 1lb of your favorite cut of steak (I used a round or sirloin for this meal)
  • 3 cups of powdered or crushed pork rinds 
  • a tablespoon or more of your favorite seasoning (I used some lemon pepper, pepper, steak seasoning, onion powder and garlic salt)
  • 1/4 cup of half and half for your egg wash
  • 1 egg
  • Cooking oil of your choice

Go ahead make your egg wash which is simply done by combining the egg and half and half into a bowl. Then combine your crushed rinds and seasonings together in another bowl. Cut the strips into a desired length (about 3 inches long and 1/2 inch thick) and let them soak in the wash. Coat the washed steak and fry them babies up !

As you can see by the end of the video they do end up being quite dark after being fried, but I can assure you they are very good !


The total meal yields about 2 carbs so make sure you have a salad or other side dish to compliment and increase your carb count.

Happy Eating !

No comments: