Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Delicious food and low carbs !

Today's lunch is brought to you by randomness that came into my head so I cooked it.

Things you will need :



  • 1 chicken breast - 0 carbs
  • 1 tablespoon of Philadelphia cooking cream - 1.5 carbs
  • 1 cup of mung bean sprouts - 4 carbs
  • 1 tablespoon of low sodium Kikkoman soy sauce - 1 carb
I cooked the chicken first since I like to brown it up before adding my bean sprouts.
If you add the bean sprouts too early, they will lose their crunch which isn't always yummy...it can be, but I personally like the crunch of a lesser cooked sprout.

After that I added the cooking cream and slowly let it melt onto the chicken with the temperature on low and then threw in the sprouts. I let them them simmer on low for about 5 minutes and then added the soy sauce and turned up the heat.



Everything began to caramelize nicely giving it a sweet and salty flavoring.
Leave it on high for about 3-4 minutes until you are satisfied with the doneness of your sprouts. That much time worked for me.

Throw it on a plate or in a bowl and dig in !

Finished <3
 Total carbs for this lunch were : 6.5.

Happy eating !

1 comment:

Aaron Kline said...

Yaaay.. =D comment comment comment!! Should have added more veggies.