Monday, April 25, 2011

Eggs.

Breakfast this morning was easy !

2 boiled eggs. No carbs. No problem.

On a normal day I would be planning for my next meal because I was just that food obsessed, I am not even hungry right now which is a blessing ! I am excited about the possibilities for an easy lunch today. I am already feeling a little better than I did when I first woke up this morning, I may even hop on my bicycle today and put in 10 minutes.

So excited to read more of my book as well for recipe ideas.

This is one I am thinking I would like to try....


Muffin in a Minute
(allowed on Induction)

Serving Size: 1

1/4 cup flax meal* (8.09 total carbs, 7.6 fiber)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder (0.64 net carbs)
1 packet splenda packet (0.9 net carbs)
1 teaspoon cinnamon (1.84 total carbs, 1.2 fiber)
1 large egg (0.6 net carbs)
1 teaspoon butter

(total carbs is 12.07, fiber is 8.8; net carbs is 3.27)
* Flaxmeal is ground flaxseed (aka linseed). If you can't find ground flax seeds aka flaxmeal, buy flax seeds and grind them in a coffee grinder.

Put the dry ingredients in a coffee mug.
Stir.
Add the egg and the butter. Mix.
Microwave 1 minute (or more). Take out. slice, butter, eat.

It can be toasted once it's cooked. Cream cheese would go nicely, too. The cinnamon can be replaced, and sugar-free syrup could be added. The shape of this can be changed by making it in a bowl.

Some people count the flax as a carb/fiber wash, so then the net carbs would be 2.78.

Per serving: 243 Calories; 18g Fat (62% calories from fat); 12g Protein; 223mg Cholesterol; 284mg Sodium
 
Happy eating !
 
 

No comments: