Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Good Morning Day 2

So I went to bed pretty late last night and didn't end up waking until 10:30 this morning which is later than I like to wake up.

I have not had breakfast yet because I have been working on getting the comments fixed on the blog so you guys can ask questions or leave comments :) I am still very excited about having a blog and sharing my feelings, thoughts and ideas with you all !

I think an Atkins snack bar is in order for this morning along with some maple sausages pan fried to perfection. That will net me 4 carbs for this morning.

Let us look at a typical Manda breakfast from last week.

+ Bologna sandwich, at least one, sometimes another an hour later = 50 carbs
 Processed meat often has added sugar as well so add another 4 carbs for the meat.

That my friends is a HUGE amount of carbs, keeping in mind that the induction phase allows for 20 carbs in one DAY, never mind 50+ in one sitting.

Then of course there was the incessant snacking, chips, crackers, cookies...CARBS!!!
Carbs are truly love, but I am honestly not missing them much right now.
The protein from the meat and cheese is keeping my energy higher than it has been in quite some time and although my sugar doesn't seem to want to budge much, it is headed in the right direction.

I am debating on fasting for a 24 hour period to cleanse my body and lower my sugar, but that is something I will have to consider over the next few weeks.

I will be in the induction phase for AWHILE.

Induction states that you should stay on it if :


  • You have a large amount of weight to lose 
  • If you still have elevated blood sugar or blood pressure levels
  • If you are still struggling with carb cravings
My weight is still holding steady and I am not totally ready to report my massive size just yet, but maybe soon !

Happy Eating !

No comments: