Monday, April 25, 2011

Lunch

For lunch today I am eating some leftover pork that we cooked yesterday.
I slow roasted it in the crock pot and added a little salt and pepper.

I have not officially shopped for the induction phase as of yet, so I am mostly eating appropriate foods that we currently have around the house.

I had 2 slices of Provolone cheese for a snack = 1g of carbs
I am having an Atkins vanilla shake as well with my lunch = 1g of carbs
My pork was free of carbs !
My eggs from this morning that I thought were also free of carbs are NOT according to Atkins. They apparently contain .5 net grams of carbs each, so therefore 1 carb total.

That is a rolling total of 3 carbs for the day !
Leaving me with a balance of 17 carbs for the rest of the day.

I just wanted to touch down on another subject very quickly.

This is regarding the use of "Carb Blockers" which I have been taking for almost a year now, mainly after I lost my job and insurance. These babies are WONDERFUL. I can not stress enough how well they work for me. Each pill contains Chromium and Phase 2 which is White kidney bean extract. All natural. It helps the body metabolize the carbs you are putting into your system. I have done a few food tests with these in the past and they do have an effect on the carbohydrates and sugar levels if you are diabetic.

No comments: