Thursday, April 28, 2011

Induction Flu + Diabetes = Fail

I have not been feeling all that great the past 24 hours hence the reason for few postings and lack of interest in general.

My sugar is being is a bitch and will not budge even though I am consuming 20 grams of carbohydrates or less each and everyday. I have been doing low carb since Saturday and the lowest it has been was 210. Not cool.

Also I think I may have "caught" induction flu, which is explained quite well over here at this blog > Induction Flu @Low Carb For You it is not fun and mostly consists of withdrawal and sorrow from the lack of carbs your body has to adjust to.
It is an adjustment like anything else and it is important to address your body and enrich it with something that will bring it back up to par, like adding some protein or cheese as a snack. It honestly will help curb your appetite and hopefully keep your mind off other cravings.

I have found cheese strings to be the best avenue for this. Also the Atkins bars, though pricey come in handy when you are needing a snack or something sweet.

Dinner this evening was a half-salad from Wendy's. Chicken BLT Cobb. I have never had blue cheese before this salad and I must say that I am in love. I even purchased some of add as extra if they were being skimpy, which they are normally pretty good about.
I also had a cup of sprouts with some chicken.

I will be making these tomorrow night :)

Atkins Diet Revolution Rolls:
3 eggs, separated
3 oz Cream Cheese
1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar
2 tsp Splenda
Salt, dash

Makes 6 servings
Bake at 300 degrees for 35-55 minutes
Nutrition Info: (per serving)
90 Calories, 7g Fat, 6g Protein, .5g Carb.

As always, thanks for reading and following along on my journey !

No comments: