Monday, May 9, 2011

Fail?

So, it has been a week or so now since my last post.

I have tried the low-carb deal now for 2 weeks.
I have lost no weight.'
My sugars are still far from ideal.

It is not working.

I am however still working towards my goal weight of 180lbs, just in a another way.

I have added 20-40 minutes of exercise to my day over the past week by riding my stationary bike all over the living room. I have have still been eating BETTER than I have been in years and I feel better. I do not feel like I have zero energy and I actually feel like doing something during the day rather than just sitting here depressed and bored (and eating).

I do not revolve my life around food now, eating is just something I do when I am hungry instead of something I do when I am bored or excited. I have put myself into the mindset that if you don't lose the weight now, you won't and things can only get worse for something with my health issues.

I scoured the internet for a few hours last night and discovered that diabetics need carbs in their diet, that eventually low carbs may work, but eating foods low on the glycemic index in relation to carbs is the better way to go.

So, this week starts. I am going grocery shopping tonight. I am going to grab carbohydrates low on the glycemic index as they have less of an impact on your blood sugar and allow the body to compensate. It will help with blood sugar spikes and hopefully over time, lower my sugar down to where it needs to be.

This morning I ate some Egg Beaters (cheese and chive)with some shredded cheese sprinkled into it, folded it up like an omelet. I had 3 breakfast sausages (turkey) and a half a cup of cottage cheese. I feel full and ready to get on the bike for another 20 minutes.

Now, another discovery I found last night to aid in weight loss goals is : http://www.sparkpeople.com... this site lets you track everything even your blood glucose when you select the "diabetic program". It is a nice interface and though I have not implemented them as of yet, they do offer meal plans depending on the program you choose to "follow". You can of course create your own and do as you feel best works with your lifestyle.

I will be updating on my progress, I am just trying new things and hoping that they work !

Thanks for reading and Happy eating !

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good girl. Is is better to know what you need for your particular situation - one size fits all diets are BS

Keep rockin - get healthy, love yourself.

mandaleigh said...

Thank you for the words of encouragement, they mean a lot to me <3

- Manda